Table of Contents
What Are The Benefits of Choosing Python For Web Development
In general, web development refers to creating, deploying, and maintaining websites or web apps. The whole web development process includes web design, web programming, server-side/client-side scripting, network security implementation, database management, and content development. This web development process can be classified into two ways frontend development and Backend development. We use different technologies according to frontend and backend side development like HTML, CSS, AngularJS, React.js and Material UI are used for frontend while Node.js, Python, PHP, Java are for the backend.
Now, we are going to discuss Python for web development which has cult status on web application development frameworks, due to its flexibility and robustness. Due to the rise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analysis, many developers utilize Python for its easy-to-learn syntax, portability, powerful and abundant libraries.
Look to Hire the Python Web Development Team?
Share the details of your request and we will provide you with a full-cycle team under one roof.
Why Use Python For Web Development?
The distinguishing factor to use this language is availability. It is open-source that means easy to use and distribute. We can use learn this language in short from its free documentation. These benefits of Python make it a popular and emerging multi-paradigm programming language. Here is some statistical analysis of 2020-21 about the most popular programming languages from the professional software industry.
Benefits of Python for Web Development
Being a versatile programming language it has several benefits for web development. There are multiple factors that depict the simplicity to use Python for web development.
Good scrutability: It has a simple syntax and easy to learn programming language. it is just like a simple English language which means developers can write understandable source code.
Easy to grasp: Python code is easy to understand and if you are facing any issue or having some error it’s easy to find someone with the same error or problem with some solution. It is all because of its popularity among the developers.
Complex tasks on the back-end: It helps to tackle heavy projects (Scientific and Numeric Applications) in a very efficient manner using libraries like NumPy etc. We have different frameworks related to different domains and depending on our needs.
Efficient for Big Data: Big data is a field that deals with huge, high-dimensional, or complex datasets. Python also provides an interface to tackle Big Data problems easily by using analytics engines or frameworks i.e Apache Spark.
Data Analysis and Visualization: It has a wide variety of visualization tools, built-in libraries, and frameworks to generate statistical analysis and reports. To visualize data there are multiple frameworks like Seaborn, matplotlib, where we can draw Scatter plots, Piecharts, Bar plots, and more.
Wide range of libraries: Being an open-source project, Python has multiple build-in libraries related to different problem domains. Python efficiently speeds up the data processing and shows relevant results in no time in comparison with Java and R.
Versatile Frameworks: The fact is that Python is a multi-purpose programming language and versatile. We can change and use it according to our approach and needs. We can use it for Web development, Web scraping, Data visualization, Data processing, AI and machine learning, Computer graphics, Big data, Game development, and more.
Python Web Frameworks
There are several frameworks for web development in Python. We are going to discuss renowned ones.
What is Django?
Django is one of the renowned back-end Python web application development frameworks used for scalable and complex app development. It implements model, view, and template architecture (MVT), purpose to create complex data-driven databases. Django works well with some notable technologies like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle SQL, and other well-known databases. This framework focuses on rapid development, less code, low coupling, and reusability of code.
If you are familiar with java Spring MVC or .Net, Django almost works on the same principle model–view–controller. Now, Let’s look into the MVT software design pattern which helps to handle databases at the data access layer. Django is also one of the major causes through which Python become famous in a few years. Due to the open-source project among the Python developer community, it is expanding steadily and is not easy to master.
Why Django is the perfect framework for web apps?
Django is a high-level Python web framework for scalable, versatile, and secure web application development. As a software development company, we love to use Django in our projects because of its clean and practical design. It encourages a rapid application development process that allows targeting clean code in a short period. Let’s have look at some rocking features of Django.
- Batteries Included: Django comes with multiple build-in packages developed and contributed by professional developers. So, you won’t need to start every project always from scratch. It has a dominant Object-relational mapping API, Database migrations, In-built Session handling, Dynamic URL Routing handlers, and more.
- Valued for ORM: Django is eminent for its object-relational mapper that provides an API to developers to interact with databases. It transfers data stored in databases into objects commonly used in application code. Django ORM assists developers to communicate with databases to manipulate data without any specific query language knowledge.
- Admin panel and Template System: Django also comes with a built-in customizable admin panel. It also allows third-party plugins and is easily extendable to fit most of the user’s need for managing different types of data in an application.
- It’s secure: Django takes security seriously and has features to avoid developers making common security mistakes. The crucial security breaches a web application can encounter are SQL injection, Clickjacking, CSRFattacks, cross-scripting, etc but the Django application can be a full-fledged, secured, and authenticated app that protects from in and out of the box.
- SEO-friendly framework: Python code is easy to read like the English language. If you want to rank your Django website, it shapes dynamic URLs and links readable with relevant keywords. It also plays a vital role in generating site maps, effortlessly migrating your site, and maximizing performance metrics to rank in search engines. Therefore these factors play a significant role in SEO rankings.
- It suits any web application project: It does not matter whether your project is small or huge. Django project is also compatible with any system, not hardware dependent. Therefore, it is independent of system architecture whether using Windows, Linux, or Mac.
The Global Python Web Development Community at Work
Django has a massive global community of developers and students. They contribute by developing innovative plugins and tools to make app development effortless. People from around the globe share their findings with others that resultantly improve the community and make it easy to learn. You can discuss your project with community developers to get done your project and get pro tips and suggestions.
Let’s consider you are working on a project and have some questions regarding problem-solving or Django syntax. You can discuss your project with community developers to accomplish your task without going into a deadlock, and you will also get some pro tips and suggestions. Your problem and its provided solution will also help other developers in the future. Hence it’s one of the reasons behind the success of any technology.
What is Flask?
As Python can be used to forge server-side web app development. Flask is also one of the renowned back-end, micro web application development frameworks used for scalable but micro-level app development. The major intensions to develop flask was to design and implement micro APIs in projects easily.
For instance, I am a data scientist and I want to implement an API to fetch some data online from multiple resources and process them. As Django is not easy to learn in a short time So, in this scenario, Flask will be the better option for rapid API development.
What is TurboGears?
TurboGears is a Python framework for web app development. Just like Struts, Java Spring MVC, .Net and Ruby on Rails, it follows model–view–controller (MVC) architecture. MVC is a software engineering design pattern for developing user interfaces that divide core business software logic into three interconnected components abbreviated as MVC. TurboGears is a standalone WSGI web framework that can act as a full-stack framework like Django or a micro-framework like Flask.
What is Tornado in Python?
Tornado is an open-source scalable, asynchronous, non-blocking network I/O web application framework. It was written in Python by FriendFeed, a social aggregator web application created in 2007. The utmost reason behind Tornado popularity is its design and performance. Therefore, it can handle tons of concurrent connections. This Python framework is different from others because it allows asynchronous processes and runs one thread per process.
Creating your first web application in Python: Django
Now, are going to create our first web application by using the Django framework in Python. You have to follow the steps below to create your first Django web app.
- First, you have to install the latest versions of Python interpreter and Django on your machine.
- After successful installation, Windows users will open Command Prompt and Mac Users will open Z shell or Bash Terminal. (Optional)
- To create your first project, you have to navigate to your local directory where you want to create your project.
- In this step, we are going to install Django in a virtual environment.
- Use pip install virtualenv command to install virtual environment package. (Optional, if already installed)
- After package installation, use python -m venv project_env command to create your virtual environment named project_env. One’s can change the project name according to needs. Now, navigate to project_env directory by following cd project_env command.
- Now use cd Scripts, navigate to project_env/Scripts directory.
- Finally, type activate to start the virtual environment.
- Now it’s time to install Django inside project_env virtual environment. To do this type pip install django and hit enter.
- Our installation is almost complete. It’s time to create our first Django project. Execute django-admin startproject myProject where myProject is our Django app project name.
- Then, you have to navigate to myProject by using cd myProject command.
- Finally, run your app by executing this command python manage.py runserver. It will show a flying rocket upward, at the returned IP address on console(Command Prompt or Z shell) e.g: Starting development server at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Python for web development is indomitable to make dynamic and scalable applications. Undoubtedly, you can safely use it for your application development because of its built-in frameworks and highly active dev community. You can ask for help from the python developers community if you are stuck somewhere in your project, which is a huge advantage.
Python for web development is a perfect match to push your emerging startup towards growth in skyrocketing competition. Startups have a better chance of growth and stability with the right choice of technology.